You finally have the smile of your dreams, so you want to make sure you take proper care of your bright new smile to keep it looking as fantastic as it makes you feel. Your cosmetic dental treatments and restorations can continue to look their best for many years with just a few dental health care tips and tricks:
- Use a non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste to avoid scratching and dulling the surface of your restorations. Just as you would with regular oral care, brush and floss two to three times per day immediately after meals, if possible.
- Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol which can damage fillings and deteriorate the bond between crowns and veneers.
- Limit between meal snacks and foods that are high in sugar that can promote decay and the development of cavities.
- Refrain from eating and drinking foods and beverages such as tea, wine, coffee, and berries that are notorious for staining the surface of teeth.
- Avoid chewing or biting on hard objects such as fingernails, pens or bottle caps.
- Wear a mouth guard when playing contact or combat sports.
- If you grind your teeth while sleeping, wear a night guard to avoid damage to your teeth or restorations.
- Maintain a regular schedule of bi-annual dental checkups and cleanings.
Although they will eventually need to be repeated or replaced, many cosmetic treatments and restorations can last as long as ten to fifteen years. With excellent care and attention, you can extend the life of your smile makeover and keep it looking fresh and fabulous for years. Take the time to take care of your smile, and it will reward you with years of beautiful smiles in return.
Our dental office is located in Sicklerville